1. Eat a third of your daily calorie needs! The rest of the day is ahead of you, fill your tank!
2. Choose a serving of whole grains. This could be cereal, bread or grain. Most servings are a half of cup cooked. Get out your measuring cup and make sure you aren't short changing yourself.
3. Eat your fruit instead of drinking it. Chewing your food is more satisfying and you'll feel fuller longer.
4. Choose a good quality protein, at least 2 ounces of meat, cheese, or nuts! Protein will help keep your blood sugar levels more even and give you a steady stream of energy until lunch time.
5. Sit down and focus on your meal. Studies show that when we stand and eat on the go, you're more likely to eat more at your next meal.